You may have noticed that the Coconut Crew are obsessed with Mean Girls? Well yes... yes we are! But we are not without our reasons, check out our top 10 here:
1. Smart Girls Win - Cady dumbs herself down to try and get Aaron to like her... does it work? No. Cady wins the Mathletes state championship and Voilà, Aaron Samuels.
2. The Life Lessons - as if we didn't already know, Mean Girls reinforces the true value of Girl Code. Remember ex-boyfriends are off limits to friends. That's just, like, the rules of feminism.
4. Rachel McAdams - we owe Mean Girls big time for introducing us to the absolute babe that is Rachel McAdams. She's gone on to become one of our fave actresses not to mention being the star of our second favourite movie of all time, The Notebook.
5. The Style - the Plastics showed us the ultimate in pink and girly fashion and more than ten years later we can safely say that yes, on Wednesdays, we still wear pink.
6. The National Day - When Cady muttered her line “It’s October 3rd” who would have thought a National day of Mean Girls celebration would be born?
7. It made fetch happen - Ok... not really but we still laugh at Gretchen's fave phrase all the time.. so maybe it kinda did happen?
8. It taught us to embrace our fashion faux pas - Army pants and flip flops? Yes. Even if someone slashes holes in your top to reveal your bra, you can still rock that look (oh, just as long as you're Regina George).
9. Halloween - the one night a year where a girl... yep, we all know the drill. We bet there's not one of you that didn't think about Mean Girls as you prepared your costume last weekend. "I'm a mouse, duh!"
10. Miss Norbury - she's the queen of wisdom and is the perfect role model for any tricky situations we may encounter. Just think... what would Miss Norbury do?
As we're sure you can all see, the limit does not exist... for how much The Coconut Crew simply love Mean Girls! 💗